DO…NOT…BE…CONFORMED. (Sermon excerpts – for Christians only)Romans 12:1-2 Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.
- Put yourself at His disposal.
- Abandon your life to Him.
- Your reasonable service… comes from the word logicos (logical).
- (6:11) Your past is done. Consider it so.
- Don’t go on presenting yourself to sin.
- It’s one thing to place an animal on the altar… But a living sacrifice tends to wiggle off…
- “This Book shall not depart from your mouth day and night.”
- We’re not given over to Him when we’re playing with sin on the side.
- “Don’t neglect doing good.”
- Philippians 2: Epaphroditus, Timothy, Paul, Jesus…
- There is a freedom in it. There is bondage in hanging on.
- Do you strategize ways you could serve Christ? [Or] Do you kind of shuck and jive…?
- “Don’t let me just come to this Book unchanged.”
- He wants to change us to be like Jesus. He wants Him to be the firstborn among many brethren.
- “I want you to be like salt.” Salt is distinct. It changes things that it comes in contact with.
- It’s a miserable existence to try to be something you’re not.
- “Don’t let the world around you squeeze you into its mold.”
- 1 Cor. 1:20 hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
- 1 Cor. 3:19 the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God.
- Rom.1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools
- 2 Cor. 4:4 the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving
- Psalm 1:1 How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked
- Do not be conformed to … the thinking that permeates our age.
- Don’t relegate it to a little list of do’s and don’ts.
Six Reasons Why Christians Should Not be Conformed to This World
|1. Christ died to deliver us from this world.||To live for pleasure and self… is to devalue the cross of Christ.||Gal. 1:4;2 Peter 1:3-4|
|2. The world is opposed to Jesus Christ.||They didn’t know Him. They hate the light. They hate Him.||John 1:10;John 3;John 7|
|3. The world is passing away.||This world is on a collision course with disaster. [It’s like being on the Titanic.]||1 John 2:15‑17|
|4. The world is ruled by Satan.||Know the spirit of error. Moses chose… the reproach of Christ, rather than the passing pleasures of sin.||John 8:31‑32;1 John 4:5‑6;Heb. 11|
|5. The world is governed by lusts.||
|6. This world was judged at Calvary.||The Holy Spirit convicts the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment… the ruler of this world has been judged. Calvary is the statement of what God thinks of this world’s system, this Christ-defying world.||John 12:31;John 16:9-11;Acts 17:31|